I saw this at Dawn’s. It was too cute not to join in.
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot cocoa with marshmallows and a splash of peppermint schnappes.
2. Turkey or Ham?
Turkey. I am a turkey person mostly because of the stuffing.
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Real but we don’t cut it , we buy it from our church in their annual fundraising sale.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
This year we made the switch from the white icicle lights to the large colored bulbs. Dave HATED the icicle lights.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
Sledding. Snowball fights can turn mean and I hate snow down my back.
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I do but I don’t have the time anymore. I do almost all of my shopping online including office supplies, school supplies and groceries.
7. Favorite Christmas song?
O Night Divine. Celine Dion’s version is beautiful.
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I love It’s A Wonderful Life and I am still a sucker for Charlie Brown’s Christmas. A Christmas Story, Polar Express and A Christmas Carol – the 1938 version.
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
As much as I love it, I hate to hear it in the drugstore when the aisles still have Halloween stuff in them. To me it cheapens the meaning of the season.
10. Stockings before or after presents?
After. You have to climb over the presents to get to them.
11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
We have never had carolers. I would love it.
12. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
I go to my brother’s perfect Christmas house.
13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
About 20 times throughout the season.
14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Watch the children enjoy themselves. Chat with family.
15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Gingerbread, pine needles, sugar cookies baking.
16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating hands down. I would rather be tossed from a speeding car than deal with a mall in December.
17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Always on Christmas Day. The anticipation is wonderful.
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Erin was a baby and just had learned to sit up. She sat under the tree while Ryan and Katie tore off wrapping paper and tossed it all over in their four and three year old way. All Erin wanted was to eat paper and ribbon. I would take it away and she would schooch her little self over to another piece and grab it. It was the funniest example of butt walking I have ever witnessed. She had no interest in the highly educational baby toys I lovingly picked out. She just wanted the ribbons.
19. Favorite Part about winter?
When there is a heavy snow, that beautiful peaceful silence that envelopes the world. It’s as if God muffled the noise to give us a breather from the business of life. I love to have all activities cancelled. To have Dave take a snow day and to play board games and drink hot cocoa and enjoy time alone with my family.
20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
No kissing and telling here 😉
Alice – you’re tagged.