I was tagged by Nissa…
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
The Anima Christi
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Rosary. I love to pray it alone, with the children and with our family rosary group.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Yes, I wear a brown scapular everyday and I wear either my St. Therese medal or a Miraculous Medal most days. David just bought me a beautiful Celtic cross for Christmas so I’ll be wearing that very often.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, at the front door. I used to have a font at the back door as well but that mysteriously disappeared.
5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?
Yes, mostly for Ryan’s recovery from autism and epilepsy.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No, I used to observe First Friday but since Kevin was born I’ve lost the habit. It is something that I intend to do this year.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
No, it is not offered at my parish at any time that I can get there. I would love to go though.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
We prefer Sunday morning.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
Wow, there are so many. St. Patick and St. Brigid. St. John Vianney. St. Therese of the Child Jesus and of course, St. Francis and St. Claire.
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
All day, every day.
13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
During the day in my big comfy chair in the living room. At night in my rocker in the twin’s nursery. Rocking babies and saying Hail Mary’s is how I have spent many long nights these past 11 years.
14. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Helen’s bonus question: If you could visit any of Our Lady’s apparition sites, which one would you choose?