Dawn did this Meme a few days ago and I felt like joining in.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 a.m.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Both, absolutely both. I have a beautiful strand of pearls that one of the children broke and I have several pieces with diamonds. All gifts from Dave. My next desire is pearl earrings and a pearl ring.
3. What was the last film you saw at the theater? Over the Hedge, goodness that’s sad.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I have recently become addicted to the food channel and I like Barefoot Contessa. I am also a fan of the original Law and Order. I also like Top Chef (embarrassed to admit that).
5. What did you have for breakfast? Usually coffee and a protein shake or bar.
6. What is your middle name? Ellen on the birth certificate but I have always used it as part of my first name. With the exception of my parents, husband and brother everyone calls me Mary Ellen.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian. There is something for every palate in Italian cuisine and it is so much fun to cook.
8. What foods do you dislike? Liver, brussel sprouts, cilantro… I can’t think of anything else.
9. What are your favorite chips? Wise BBQ
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Celtic Woman
11. What kind of car do you drive? A honking big 12 passenger Ford E350. It’s white so I call it Beluga.
12. Favorite sandwich? Chicken cutlet with lettuce, tomato and mayo.
13. What are characteristics you can’t stand? Arrogance and that "can you top this mentality" that so many people seem to have.
14. What are your favorite clothes? Knit dress with empire waist and a Lands End cardigan. I’m also a big fan of the denim skirt and t-shirt look.
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? There are lots of answers to this. I would love to rent a cottage in Ireland for an entire summer, I would love to take a month and explore Alaska (in the summer ;)), I would love to go on a safari and I want to see the Holy Land someday (if they ever stop shooting at each other over there). Also a summer in a cottage on the Cape sounds appealing.
16. One random fact about myself:
17. Where would you want to retire? Manhattan :-)!
18. Favorite time of day? The early morning when the day is fresh.
19. Where were you born? Brooklyn, New York
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Besides whatever my kids are playing the New York Yankees.
21. Coke or Pepsi? Coke, hands down.
22. Beavers or ducks? That’s a weird question, but I guess ducks.
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am more of a morning person now but when I was younger I liked the late nights.
24. Pedicure or manicure? Both!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A singer. And, no, I can’t sing.
26. What is your best childhood memory? There are a lot. I think the best though is the vacations at the cabin in Maine. A week of lake swimming, getting muddy and exploring the woods. I don’t know when I veered off that track and became a certified city girl.
27. Ever been to Africa? Yes, Morroco. I loved it and Dave hated it.
28. Ever been toilet papering? Nope, but there is still time.
29. Been in a car accident? Yes.
30. Favorite day of the week? Any day Dave is home the most.
31. Favorite restaurant? For out and out romance value I’d have to choose One If By Land in NYC.
32. Favorite flower? Pink peonies and pink roses.
33. Favorite ice-cream? Baskin Robbins chocolate fudge.
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? I hate fast food.
35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Never.
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? A Magnum Opus friend.
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Only one? Barnes and Noble, Williams and Sonoma and JJill.
38. Last person you went to dinner with? The love of my life.
39. What are you listening to right now? The twins babbling.
40. What is your favorite color? Pink
41. How many tattoos do you have? None!
42. How many people are you sending this to? The entire world wide web 😉
43. What time did you finish this blog entry? 4:28 p.m.
44. Favorite magazine: Faith and Family, Martha Stewart, Romantic Homes, Country Home, Threads, Real Simple. I love magazines.
45. Coffee or tea? Coffee
46. Do you tan easily or burn easily? Burn, blister, peel, again…
47. Do you color your hair? Not yet, but it is in the near future, there is a disturbing amount of gray popping up.
48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents? 1989 Ford Escort
49. What is your most dreaded household chore? I hate to empty the dishwasher, dumb – I know.