Autism Awareness month is a chance to raise awareness of this disorder and to promote acceptance of those among us who suffer being differently wired than the rest of the world.
Even though our Ryan is no longer with us, we are passionate about creating a safe and loving world for the wildflowers that walk among us.
How you can help
- Dedicate some of your prayers this month for the autistic people in your community and for their families.
- You could offer some respite to one of these families by bringing a meal or offering to give them a break.
- Find a local event to support (check here)
- Go to the movies! Support AMC theatre's iniative called Sensory Friendly Films. It's a way for autistic people and their families to enjoy a movie together, how great is that?
- Light up blue! Like Niagara Falls is doing 🙂 Put a blue light bulb in your outdoor light fixture to show support.
I hope you can join my family and I in remembering the joy our autistic child brought to us and pray for those who have been so blessed to parents of these children. We miss our Ryan but rather than focus on grief we prefer to spend this month remembering how wonderful it was to have him, to remember with joy and to anticipate seeing his dear face again someday when we are all joined in eternity.
Leave a Reply