Absent, Busy and Rushed…
Where have I been and what have I been doing??
The short answer is no where and not very much. Here is the longer version..
What I have been doing
· I have been schooling the children vigorously, much to their chagrin
· I have been driving the children to all of their activities, this generally takes up two-thirds of my day.
· I have been taking children to the neurologist (Ryan) the orthodontist (Katie and Ryan), the pediatrician (Bridget, Sean, Kevin) and, in general, keeping Rite Aid in business.
· I have been reading great books – reviews will follow but just go buy them, you’ll love them.
· I have written, submitted and had accepted a magazine article.
· I am working on my column
· I have an editing job I am working, half heartedly, on.
· I have been watching the end of Project Runway Season 4 (ssshh don’t tell anyone, it’s my shameful secret).
· I am returning my library books ON TIME (those of you who know me know what kind of big news this is)
· I’ve been planning a trip to visit my parents.
· I have been ending many of my sentences in prepositions J.
· I have been playing with Good Reads.
· I have been helping with some planning stuff for the Family Centered Learning Conference. You’re coming right?
· I have been nagging my husband to nag the architect. Now we have plans so I can nag a contractor.
· I have been praying more.
· I have been buying less.
· I have been sticking to a menu plan and not ordering junk food. At all.
· I have been offering up all of my work and its accompanying aggravations for various intentions.
What I have not been doing
· Blogging L which makes me sad.
· Writing for Catholicmom.com and AmazingCatechists.com, which I will rectify this week. I love these sites and my relationship with them means a great deal to me.
· I’ve not been shopping.
· I have not been eating in between meals
· I have not been paying any attention to the elections, because they are all annoying me.
· I have not been getting to daily Mass as often as I would like.
· I have not sewed any of these so cute baby shoes for which I purchased all that fabric. (Notice that I got the preposition in the right place there)
· Other than the architect nag, I’m not complaining as much. Really. I’m not. STOP LAUGHING.
I’m sure I’ve missed stuff in each category but that’s the gist of it. So what are you doing lately?
And having a “Mahvelous” time as Maria would say!!! Love,
I’ve been working too much! My dear manager seems to think I’m indispensable and she is very much mistaken as I told her at 8am this morning. NO, I WILL NOT COVER FOR YOU! Work your own shift, lady – today we school.